This blog is going to explain my reasons for leaving The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. My main blog is the one where this was linked, where I share updates on me and my family, mostly for my family and my husband's family who we don't live near anymore. I recently left the LDS church which used to be a huge part of my life. For fear of offending my family and my husband's family, I've refrained from writing on my main blog about my reasons for leaving the Church and about my current frustrations about it.
In my one-year-ago post about leaving the Church, someone anonymously commented and suggested I start another blog where I could write about this stuff, because, "You never know if someone feels the way you do or if something you say could help them." I hadn't thought of that before now because I always thought that no good could come from sharing my changed views of the Church, but I didn't realize that maybe someone who reads my posts could benefit from what I have to say.
I thought about it a great deal yesterday and decided that this would be a good thing to do. Those who don't want to read what I have to say about the Church won't ever have to click on this blog and they can rest assured that my main blog won't contain any of this stuff. But if anyone wants to know why I left or what I've thought about the Church since leaving, they can come here.
Alright.
When I was considering whether to stay in the Church or leave, I wrote down my reasons for wanting to leave and I put them into three categories: doctrine, practice, and social. I'll write a separate post for each category over the next day or two, and then move on from there.
P.S. I will occasionally mention my husband in here, and just as with my main blog I will refrain from using his real name but I'll call him Mc so that I don't have to constantly type out "my husband" when I talk about him. ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment