Monday, October 27, 2014

The Church's Honest Essay about Polygamy

One of my ex-Mormon friends posted this link on her Facebook wall the other day.  It's from the LDS church website, and it talks honestly about polygamy in the early days of the church.

Here's the link:  https://www.lds.org/topics/plural-marriage-in-kirtland-and-nauvoo?lang=eng

Growing up in the church here in America I heard most of these things in bits and pieces throughout my life, while some of them I hadn't heard before until I read the Emma Smith book last year.  I don't want to write my thoughts or feelings about this article because reading it brings up a lot of anger that I've had for a long time regarding this subject, and writing about it will make me even angrier.  But I wanted to share it here for anyone who wants to read official Church articles about it and they won't have to go searching for it.

I'm actually glad the Church put out this article.  I'm glad they're being honest by including the pieces of information that makes the Church and Joseph look bad.  They're showing both sides of the story, and I appreciate that.

No comments:

Post a Comment